Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Silent Film Era

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 12:14 PM

Lately I'm completely obsessed with the look of the silent film era : the pancake makeup, the outlined brows and dark eye makeup, the long hair, drug use and drama. When I was a teenager I read Kenneth Anger's sordid tell all book Hollywood Babylon, which may have been, let's face it, only partially true at best, but the scandalous stories within it's pages were endlessly fascinating.

For an upcoming photo shoot, I recently scoured google for lovely, inspiring images of vintage Hollywood. Here are some of my favourites:

1 comments:

moth pockets said...

Wow, those are all so beautiful! Hey, did I tell you that I and some of my new "Melbournian crew" are going to this fantastic-sounding costume ball in September?! www.gangstersball.com.au

I have no idea what to do for my costume though. Any ideas/suggestions?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails