Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Picnics in the Park : Chilliwack Photographer

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 12:21 AM

Wedding planning sure is busy these days! Two months left before Jamie and I have a huge, happy party with our family, and two months and one day until we head off on our road trip honeymoon adventure on Vancouver Island. (So. Excited. So much fun this summer I can't stand it.)

In the meantime, I'm working on some upcoming promotions and editing up the last few sessions on my hard drive. I mailed out the bulk of my wedding invites last week -- little kraft-coloured paper invites with chevron pockets, washi tape and seals & address labels designed by me. Our RSVP postcard featured a quote from "Home" by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros and our hotel and registry details were written on a die cut tag card in a shade from the wedding. Note to self : I need to photograph the remainder of those puppies.

I've been working on an epic book shoot the last month or so and alas, it's ended up getting canceled twice due to weather. Fingers crossed that our next reschedule doesn't get rained out. (Although, I must say, laying in bed reading Stephen King's '11/22/63' while the rain fell heavy outside my apartment window was pretty extra fantastic) Instead, I ended up doing an impromptu creative shoot of Mackenzie yesterday with help from Nicola and Ben. (Ben mostly slept and helped with the adorable aspect of the shoot.) I really had no idea what we were going to do until we found our shooting location, but Mackenzie had brought some dance clothes sooooo.... The end result is a kind of ...unsettling narrative about a dancer in an empty world.

Today I took much cheerier pictures with Cordelia and Jenelle -- a happy little picnic at the park. I'm editing for just a little longer, simultaneously playing episodes of 'Murder She Wrote'... (this show is so awful but somehow it's been playing in the background the last couple weeks.) Tomorrow it's adventures with Crystal, maybe starting out at Harvest Cafe downtown, a place on Mill Street we've all become hopelessly addicted to lately. (Today I got their Build A Bowl with peanut sauce... pretty much rocked my world.)

Beginning of July brings my final dress fitting (!), pretty nervous / excited. Can't believe how quickly time has flown since last August when Jamie proposed to me at the top of Rockefeller center the night Hurricane Irene hit. So dramatic!

Some photos from the last little while posted down below! As always, visit www.facebook.com/sarahisovereign/ for quicker updates. Happy Monday!

Harvest Cafe on Mill Street

Harvest Cafe on Mill Street

Cordelia's Picnic

2 comments:

Poot & Boogie said...

Ohmygoodness! that last picture! Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Gollum.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails