Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thrifty Finds No. 1 : Long Overdue Yard Sale edition

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 1:22 PM

Last Saturday I went spontaneous yard sailing with my brother for the first time in a loooong time. We used to go every weekend back in Thunder Bay, scouring other people's yards for random, weird stuff to pack our tiny shared apartment. We had the most schizophrenic sibling apartment way back then, between Brad's electronics and video game stuff, and my weird figurines and awesome vintage pieces of furniture I always meant to get around to repurposing. (Speaking of, totally picked up this amazing vintage yellow chair for FREE at one yard sale last weekend... and am spray painting a found wooden chair electric turquoise this summer before the wedding.)

We found an epic yard sale though, selling so many fine and vintage goods for cheap that my brain kind of exploded with the awesomeness and I found myself stuffing the car with boxes and tins, vases, old school chairs, instagram shaped mirrors and teacups. Here are a few of my most recent thrifty finds. {And also a new journal entry, too! I've been keeping the same journal since 2004 and it's finally on it's last legs.. three more pages left, so I filled them with wedding excitement! Please note the lovely little matte stickers I made... I'm trying to find reasons to make more and plaster everything with 'em.}








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails