Thursday, May 13, 2010

Last night I dreamt of

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 6:20 PM

top hats, gold princess dresses and a giant, smelly sheepskin suit featuring matted sheep hair circa 1972. In the planning of a new photo shoot (this one bigger and badder than ever!) the A Team and I (I've decided we should probably name ourselves something awesome, myself and this rowdy bunch of photoshooters, but I haven't been able to quite stick to a name yet. I think I might experiment a bit before really committing us to one name or the other.) So anyways, as I was saying, myself and the Sparkling Effervescent Unicorns got to raid the costume closet at the Arts Centre and it BLEW MY MIND. They have the neatest things!

Patterned fabric dresses that make my eyes bleed with the contrasty, busy awesomeness, flapper dresses, purple ties, striped '20s jackets and dresses fit for any 50's Prom Queen were paraded out and hung with care to be used in June when we start shooting.

I photographically cataloged each item, which was quite fun and something I'm seriously considering doing with my own costumes. Below is one such costume... can't wait for the next meeting. In the meantime, I'm sketching like a madwoman and jotting down ideas about space, colour, and the Voguest manner of makeup we can acquire.

2 comments:

Amy Nieto said...

Love those dresses. I'd like to wear one :)

Sarah Sovereign said...

YOU SHOULD COME VISIT AND THROW ONE ON!!!!!!!! ahhhhh... someday I want to do a photo shoot with you Neets!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails