Saturday, November 13, 2010

Down memory lane...

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 3:34 PM

I used to take film ALL THE TIME. I didn't have access to my first digital until around 2004 or so, and I hated the quality I got from the images. Carting around a tiny compact digital camera was a lot easier than lugging around my giant SLR, but looking back now, the quality is just not even comparable. These days, it's the opposite. I still take film, but rarely. I recently used a large format camera and developed the negatives myself, which is always interesting. Even though it's not convenient, there is something to be said to getting back to the roots of photography and really throwing yourself into the entire process of creating the image. It's a little bit like Christmas when you pull those negatives out of the wash and see, hey! There are IMAGES ON THERE!!!!

I was looking through my flickr the other night with Jamie and we were kind of going through some of the pictures -- images we had completely forgotten taking, places we had been, looking at how crazy fast three years can pass.

Below are some of my favourite film images. Nothing recent (I haven't scanned my new film stuff in forever -- but will be doing so soon.) -- just a few images I took when photography first held onto my heart. Please excuse some of the scan quality --- all of this stuff needs to be rescanned.

the italian festa has the BEST PASTA EVER.
Melissa at the Italian Festa, 2003

jumping into the waterfall
Mel at McKenzie Falls, 2003. This is also the day I almost drowned. 


skippin'
Melissa, 2003. At one of our favourite places to walk to -- the big Gravel Pit.

water
My cousin Melissa, 2003.


rebecca
Becky, 2004.

childhood friends
My two best friends since we were very, very small. 2004.

alicia painting my uncles' berry sign
Alicia painting the sign for Mountain Fresh Farms. 2004.

gen, profile
Super old, picture of my cousin Gen. 1999.

my nan's dresser, 1999
My Nan's dresser, 1999.

hillsky
My Aunt Isabel calling her horses, 2003.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails