Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Loving CocoRosie, amongst other things...

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 11:26 PM

1. I really, really, really, really, really want to make a bunch of my dear friends don Marie Antoinette wigs and just rock out around town ... or maybe just my living room, because it's cold out there. And because I'm the kind of girl who does stuff like this, I'm planning that RIGHT NOW. If you want to get in on the action, email sarah@sarahsovereign.com, and then don't be shocked if I accidentally email you back from my gmail address because it honestly happens all the time. If spots fill up for this shoot, don't despair! I have another one in the works with more details as soon as they are hammered out.

2. I am working on a whole new set of bookmarks for the Book Man and am thus far IN LOVE. Look for them in the upcoming months at a friendly neighbourhood bookstore near you.  I also shot a commercial after hours with them last week, and it was SO MUCH FUN. I climbed a ladder, and my gal Friday, Crystal, held the ladder, which meant I didn't fall, which meant I have survived to shakily climb a ladder with false bravado  another day. The editing on the commercial has begun, and it's going to be just great. 

3. Some music I've been listening to a lot of lately : CocoRosie "Lemonade", the new Amos Lee album is all kinds of awesome, Ben Harper and William Fitzsimmons as always (Mr. Fitzsimmons has a new album out soon and I'm clapping my hands with excitement) and I've just recently started listening to Lia Ices.

4. One of the best resources for fonts on the Internet, in my humble opinion, Font Squirrel.

5. Jamie and I went to Ikea on Saturday night before I was attacked and eaten by the worst flu ever. We got this awesome giant (it looks so much bigger sitting on the floor of our apartment than it did in the store) text poster, a silver frame for one of my prints and a whole pile of their super handy clips. I have no idea where those clips disappear to and how we go through them so fast. I suspect Jax eats them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails