Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Adventure + Exciting Things!

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 5:15 PM

I am currently cozy and warm inside of my little apartment. Jamie is watching Farscape (FARSCAPE!) on Netflix and outside the snow fell and our apartment building is plastered on the outside with snow people of all shapes and sizes and very slippable ice (I came thisclose to once more unintentionally doing the splits a la circa 1992 during an icy patch in the road. Luckily I didn't because I'm pretty sure I would've hurt something. But I'm sure it would have looked amazing, albeit not as amazing as it did in 1992 when I coupled it with spandex stirrup pants, yellow ruffles, and glitter.) It's the first week back at school and today classes were canceled. This is fine by me because I have a small mountain of homework to tackle, including a creative writing paper referencing a personal epiphany in my life. I think life is kind of made up of a series of little epiphanies, but the one that stands out the most for me is one I had when my cousin Erin died. So I'm gathering together all of my memories, all the hard ones and the lovely ones, and I'm going to write about her. For instance about how her hands were so beautiful and delicate, and the way her laugh sounded, and how great and talented and missed she was, and is.

I'm also working on some non-school projects -- bookmarks, websites, and plans for a commercial shoot this Sunday. Not to mention the state of my desk at the moment. It's covered in VHS tapes and little bits of decorative paper. I tried to convert some of my old VHS movies to my computer last night but our converter machine appears to HORRIBLE AND AWFUL AND I HATE IT. So so so frustrating. It's the reason that now everyone on Call of Duty Black Ops knows that I hate it, because as Jamie played with his microphone on I had a mini-fit at it and threatened to toss it out the window. It won't actually take in our VHS tapes -- everything is set up and ready to go, but every time I try to actually put a tape into it, the tape gets stuck and then I have a panic that my old taped episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air may be lost forever. Well. Just kidding. What I really want to back up are things like the crazy awesome soap opera my friends and I made in high school, or the footage of my Nan and her best friend drinking rum and coke while my Nan gets irritated and tells my dad to "Turn off the fil-m, John." When I was a kid there was footage of me and my best friend being all ridiculous on orange pop and doing a ton of things I found embarrassing when seen on tape later. Somehow that footage was taped over with an unfortunate episode of LA Law.

Today Jamie and I took a walk around the neighbourhood and stopped at the coffee shop down the way for the best thing ever : caramel macchiatos and banana chocolate bread. SO AWESOME. I slipped five times on the walk home alone.  Good times.


I HEART SNOW!!!
I HEART SNOW!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails