Friday, February 19, 2010

Pirate Treasure and Teacups

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 5:50 PM

I am having a very exhausted day today. I ran a bull mastiff around the block last night, and came back to the house expecting to collapse into delightful and amazing slumber, only to toss and turn until the wee hours. I managed to make it through most of the day without dozing, but am right now ready to pretty much collapse into a pile of quilts and blankets and things and watch some movies I grabbed earlier in the week from my store: Blade Runner and The Count of Monte Cristo. I have this strange desire to make my way through all the 7 day rentals, all the while checking off things from my great, big, huge list of movies I need to see.

I finished American Gods, and before that The Thirteenth Tale, both of which were just lovely. Today I meandered over to my favourite field in town (which is kind of marshy in February I found out) and took some pictures of books and old estate sale black and white photographs. When I got home and I discovered that Brad had dropped off presents from my lovely friend Carole : teacups, little dog and horse figurines, and a gorgeous vintage hand mirror / comb and brush set. The back of the brush and hand mirror features needlepoint! AHHH! Awesome.

Below are some of today's pictures. Yaaaawn. And now for a bit of a lie down...

 
  
  
  
 

1 comments:

moth pockets said...

I definitely want to read more Gaiman. I found Anansi Boys on a bookshelf in the place I'm staying. must read it before I leave...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails