Wednesday, September 29, 2010

and altered the colour of my mind

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 7:39 PM

1. Love this Emily Bronte quote my friend Alicia shared earlier tonight : "I have dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me even after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind" (Emily Bronte)."

2. Today came some of the final images of the pinhole project. When I have more time I'd like to fiddle around with my camera a little more. Mostly I just took little pictures of skeleton keys and miniature London buses (because I'm the kind of girl who keeps these things like, in the trunk of my car.) ... then Friday brings the processing of that and my large format project. I'd like to supplement some of these works with some digital / 35 mm film stuff though, too. Hmm. Just need to find the time. 

3. Reading "Johnny Got His Gun" by Dalton Trumbo for book club, and it's amazingly well written. It's the kind of nitty gritty awfulness that gets right under your skin and breaks your heart. Not a feel gooder, so I'm struggling getting through it ... super excited for our theme pick this October though, which is a Halloween themed book. Not sure what nominee I'm going to drop into the hat, but I do know that even though it's not all that spooky, every fall makes me want to break out Nina Kiriki Hoffman's "A Fistful of Sky". 


4. Still working on those Photo Booth pictures, but they'll be sent out soon! 


5. Check out Andrea Zittel, probably one of my favourite artists. Her small living spaces make me happy. 


6. A picture from my balcony tonight ... love how sunshiney it's been these last few days! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails