Sunday, September 26, 2010

Interiors to just darn love to pieces.

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 6:15 PM

Jamie and I are still in the process of beautifying our tiny one bedroom apartment, and this autumn I am determined to finally cover our walls with some pictures. At the moment we are sporting a few big prints, mostly the posters that I have carted everywhere with me since my first wee years of university, studying medieval literature and swooning over Japan posters and old Cigarillo Ads from Paris.

Our walls are a very light brown-beige colour with white trim, and we've got lovely hardwood flooring that I scrub somewhat obsessively with Method's wooden floor cleaner. We have one big window that overlooks onto our balcony, where Jamie is growing little orange lantern plants and a host of other autumn friendly flora, along with a little pepper plant in a glass vase. Things are starting to get chilly, and I cannot even begin to describe to you my crazed excitement at starting up our fireplace for the first time. I intend to do so some extra cold night, with a mug full of apple cider and the greatest television show of all time playing in the background. (And that T.V. show would be Jim Henson's the Storyteller. It's like John Hurt is like a big woolly blanket full of awesome and it's the most comforting thing ever, I kid you not.)

Whenever I start to really get into attacking the walls with prints and polishing up my interior design skillz, I like to thumb through some other fantastic interiors for inspiration. Here are a few of my favourites!

Knotty-Naughty Pine



yay

Little corners of my home

2 comments:

Amy Nieto said...

HEY THAT'S MY LAST PLACE! Awwww look at my fern when it was a wee baby! She's all sorts of growed up!!! <3

Sarah Sovereign said...

I loves your places! I need many pictures of your new place. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails