Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hello Autumn!

Published by Sarah Sovereign at 11:42 AM

Last Saturday I ran the free photo booth at The Book Man's 20th Anniversary Celebration and had so much fun! With my tiny collection of props ranging from pirate hooks, flags, and a wide variety of strange hats, I had a blast meeting the fantastic people who took their turn in the photo booth chair! (Which incidentally, was also Nietzsche's chair ... he took all available opportunities in between shots to sneak in and take brief cat naps on it.) I'm putting some of the finishing touches on these photos, so if you're waiting for your shot you should be getting it in the next little while!

I'm back at university these days for my third year in Fine Arts and things are crazy, hectic, paint-filled, and awesome. I'm in the process of sculpting my head for a casting project, I've made my very own pinhole camera out of an antique tin (Pictures to come!), and am taking my very first fashion course. To those of you that know me and the amount of time I spend scouring fashion sites and magazines for ideas for costumes for shoots, you know I heart Fashion so it's very exciting. This course covers fashion and clothing from Antiquity until now -- so fascinating! I'm so lucky I know someone as talented as Macey Faulkner, who reinterprets my rough sketches and piles of pictures and ramblings into these amazing, surprising, beautiful garments.

The Carnival shoot is still in the process of being edited and is my most ambitious shoot to date. As such, I'm planning on taking some extra shots of it in different locales. Further shooting will be happening throughout the fall, so keep your eyes peeled for crazy becostumed people posing it up around town... and wave!

I leave you all with the cutest stop motion ever. I love stop motion! I can't wait to start my next one.

Nokia 'Dot' from Sumo Science on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails